Wednesday 26 August 2015

Turning 17

Hey Guys!

As some of you may know, I finally turned 17 on 24th July and obviously that means that I'm finally road legal!! As I live in a tiny little village very far from sivilisation I've been soo excited to learn to drive so that I can be more independent. I had previously blogged about doing an intensive driving course (read about that here), however as I could only book it once I had turned 17 they were all booked up for over the summer holidays! :( Instead I decided to go with a national driving school and have as many lessons a week as possible during the 5 remaining weeks of the holidays..:)
In England, there are 2 parts to the driving test. I had my theory test (the first part) on 28th July and passed first time! :) So I've booked my practical test (the second part) for the 8th September... Eeekk!
http://www.ideas4adis.co.uk/magplates.php
So driving... There's a lot to remember and you have to do a lot of things all at the same time as well as watching every thing that's going on around you. For my first lesson, I went with my instructor to a very quiet little village and drove around the lanes which all went in a big circle, getting used to the first 3 gears and steering as well as pulling away and stopping. However, before I turned 17, I went once each week with my parents to an old airfield local to us. On this you can practice driving without being on the road. This helped LOADS, as I got used to everything before going on the road so I would definitely recommend doing something like that in preparation if possible. It also took away those horrible nerves before going on the road for the first time as I knew I had a bit of an idea of what I was doing!
I have 10 more hours of lessons before my test..eekkk! If anyone has any last minute tips for me I'd love to hear them in the comments below! I'll also blog about how it goes, good or bad!

Bye for now!
TAG xx

2 comments: